Cosmetic Dentistry Creating Perfect Downtown Los Angeles Smiles
A beautiful, confident smile is one of the most appealing features any person can have. The arrangement and shape of your teeth as well as their shade are essential elements to your overall appearance. Studies have shown that people are viewed as more attractive, intelligent and successful in their career with smiles that have been enhanced with cosmetic dentistry versus their original smiles. If you are looking to improve the look of your teeth and gums, a consultation with Dr. Adam Geach will provide all the information you need before taking the next step towards a confident smile.
Creating a Natural Cosmetic Result
We are one of the only practices that combines the knowledge of a Board Certified Prosthodontist and a Master Dental Ceramist to design your cosmetic restorations. This unique collaboration, in one location, is the key to creating natural cosmetic results.
1. The process starts with a discussion of the improvements that you would like to make with your smile. A comprehensive examination of your teeth and surrounding tissues is necessary to assess your oral health. Intricate details of your teeth are evaluated such as the tooth position, shape, shade, length, bite and surface characteristics.
2. Pictures of your teeth and models are made to begin the design process. A diagnostic mock-up of the new shape and position is created along with the Dental Ceramist. This is shown and discussed with you before we begin treatment.
3. The treatment process begins and is based on the diagnostic plan that we have designed and you have approved. Temporary restorations are made while the final restorations are fabricated in our in-office laboratory. We may use a combination of treatments such as veneers, crowns and/or composite resin bonding to achieve the result you are looking for.
Shade matching is a critical step in the esthetic process. Intricate details of the natural teeth are mapped and incorporated into the final crowns or veneers.
When it comes to transforming the smile, nothing does it better than porcelain veneers. With them, we can:
- Instantly whiten the teeth
- Fix chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Close gaps
- Make misshapen or undersized teeth appear more uniform
- Straighten slightly crooked/rotated teeth
Veneers are ultra thin ceramic facings that are fitted to the front of the teeth. They are always custom-made to a patient’s specifications, so they can give you everything from a minor touch-up to a dramatic makeover all in just two to three appointments.
At Geach Dental, when we restore a tooth, we don’t simply want to bring back its strength and function, but its beauty as well. Metal-free restorations allow us to do all three. These crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays are made entirely of high-quality dental ceramics, which in addition to being extremely durable, can also be shaped and shaded to completely mimic natural tooth characteristics. With this material, we can make restorations so lifelike that even our patients have trouble telling them apart from natural teeth!
Wouldn’t it be great if you could just get rid of that one tiny stain, chip, or gap that completely distracts from your beautiful smile? What if you could do it in an hour or less? Now you can thanks to direct bonding! For this procedure, Dr. Geach will apply a color-matched composite resin to your compromised tooth to build up any damaged/missing enamel and sculpt it to perfection. This treatment is fast, painless, and one of the easiest ways to dramatically improve your smile.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
In Los Angeles, if you don’t have a sparkling white smile, you’re bound to be looked over. Rather than trying to lift stubborn coffee and wine stains using over-the-counter whitening treatments, Geach Dental can send you home with your own custom-made whitening kit. It will consist of custom trays designed to fit your particular teeth and a bleaching agent much stronger than anything you’ll find in stores or online. Simply use the kit as directed for two weeks, and you can easily make your smile up to EIGHT shades whiter.
Every picture needs the right frame, and every beautiful smile needs the right gum line to compliment it. If your teeth are overshadowed by an excess of gum tissue, Dr. Geach will recommend a crown lengthening procedure. This procedure is performed to reshape your gums and reveal previously hidden tooth structure to give you that perfectly proportioned look you desire.
With digital imaging, we can create your own “Before & After” photos before you actually undergo any cosmetic treatment. You’ll be able to see your new smile from the world’s perspective, allowing you to make a more informed decision as well as ask for any adjustments you might want.