Dental Implants in Downtown Los Angeles
In recent years, the Geach Dental team has started recommending implant-supported tooth replacement for more and more patients. Unlike traditional options that only restore the parts of the teeth visible when patients smile, implant-retained dental restorations completely recreate all parts of a lost tooth, including the supportive root system. This offers patients improved comfort, stability, and longevity.
Denture wearers can especially benefit from an implant-retained prosthetic. These fixed dentures renew 70% or more of healthy tooth function compared to the 20% possible with removable dentures. However, many patients with dentures struggle with diminished jawbone density or gum tissue volume that makes them less-than-ideal candidates for implant-retained prosthetics. Luckily for our Los Angeles denture patients, we offer an innovative solution: All-on-4 implant dentures.
How Does a Dental Implant Work?
The dental implant process is typically completed in four main parts – consultation, preparation, implant placement, and restoration.
- Consultation – We begin by assessing your current level of oral and overall health to ensure you’ll be able to successfully complete the implant process.
- Preparation – We remove any damaged or decayed teeth and address other oral health issues to ensure patients are healthy and have the best chance for successful implant restoration.
- Implant Placement – Dental implants are placed within the jaw to support the restoration, and patients wait three to six months for the implants to fuse with the jawbone. In the meantime, we design and craft a custom restoration.
- Restoration – Once the implant posts are firmly attached to the supportive gum and bone tissue, patients return to our office where we’ll attach their new teeth to the posts.
All-on-4 Implant Dentures
If you’re missing a complete row of teeth, you may want to consider a dental implant-supported denture. Patients in need of a full denture might be good candidates for All-on-4 if any of the following conditions are met:
- They were previously discouraged from seeking dental implant restoration due to diminished gum tissue volume or jawbone density.
- They are a current denture wearer who is unhappy with the look or function of their prosthetic.
- They needed invasive bone or soft tissue grafts in order to be a good candidate for traditional dentures, but they were not healthy enough for numerous surgical treatments.
What Makes All-on-4 Unique?
Unlike traditional dentures, the All-on-4 system utilizes the front part of the jawbone that is naturally denser. This is possible due to the unique positioning of the implant posts. Two posts are placed vertically to support the front of the denture. Then, two diagonal implant posts are positioned from the back to the front.
This unique dental implant positioning means patients don’t need invasive preparatory procedures to achieve a flawless dental restoration. It’s always our goal to provide patients with the highest quality dental services, and All-on-4 implant dentures are another way we’re able to do just that. More patients than ever before can receive a full implant-retained denture thanks to this innovative tooth replacement technique.